Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Technologies great temptaion

Just last night, I saw a news about the pope who "tweeted" something about the 12/12/12(December 12, 2012) day. It made me laugh a lot and at the same time thought of something about how technology rule this world!

Nowadays, in a 100% of the population I can say that 90% has accounts in facebook, google, yahoo, tumblr, formspring, chatango and twitter. Now let's go back to the pope who "tweeted". When you say "twitter", you are saying about the account itself, when you say tweeting it means "using the twitter" when you say "tweeps" it's your fellow who also use twitter and when you say twitted, it means you posted something in twitter.

Elementary students literally know what twitter is, it sounds like "not all" but yes some young students know what it is. In highschool, yes of course! I started using twitter when I was in highschool and I was so happy when I first opened my account like I tweet every second of my life!!! In college, you can see serious tweets already like, sayings, quotations and many more adult stuff.

In the government, public agencies use twitter and even facebook to announce and update the nation about whats happening behind those bills that are being passed and approve by the houses. And some agencies like PAG-ASA, they use twitter/facebook to announce and update the people about the daily weather. And in my opinion that's a very good idea.

When I first heard the news, the first thing that came out in my mind was "temptation". Why? because there are so many private sectors nowadays that uses twitter/ facebook to be in contact with the crowd in the cyber world. Even religious sectors, I am not saying that it's bad to reach other people for the service of God. Even the religion where I belong, they use Facebook and twitter to share the word of God through posting quotes, passages from the bibles, videos of inspiring stories and prayer requests. And yes if it's like that then it's a very good idea. But there are things that bothers me about cyber world.. Because personally, I want sharing words of God through a personal talk and prayers. These technologies that we have today are just part of human creation and still the best creation is God's. What am I saying is that nowadays even the most religious and highly honored individuals are not excuse in technologies temptation. It's not bad to use technologies that make our lives better and easier..but have you ever think that things created and achieved through struggles and hardships give a much better way of happiness and joy? Isn't it hiking in the mountains to reach a group of tribes and share the word of God is a way better and effective than sitting in a front of the laptop and posting God's words? Think!


No comments:

Post a Comment